This guide will take you through the steps for managing contacts and creating contact groups through the following topics.
Your contact list is used to store contacts you frequently communicate with and wish to share Presence information. To view your contacts, click on the Contacts icon.
To add a contact from your Corporate Directory or Outlook contacts*, follow these steps:
- Click the Search bar and enter the name, partial name, phone number or partial phone number.
- Expand the directory headers to find the contact to add. Find the contact to add, then right-click and select Add to Contacts.
Once added, if they are part of your Enterprise, their presence information will be pending until they accept your request to share presence information.
*Note: Not applicable for MAC users.
To add an external contact, follow these steps:
- Select the Plus icon. Click on the New Contact icon.
- Fill in the new contact details.
- Then, select Save to add to your contacts list.
Once added you can click on the contacts icon on the main window to view the contact.
Subscribing/Unsubscribing to/from a Contact
You must subscribe to a contact to create a Presence relationship with that person. This means you can see what the contact’s current Presence Status is, his or her location, as well as any Status Messages he or she has posted. This presence relationship will be established once you add a new contact and the contact accepts the request. If you unsubscribe from a contact, you will remove the Presence relationship between yourself and that contact. This means you will no longer see the contact’s Presence information and that contact will not see yours.
To unsubscribe from a contact, right-click the contact, and then select Unsubscribe.
Note: Unsubscribed contacts remain in the contact list, although no Presence information is shown. You must remove the contact to delete that person from your contact list.
To re-establish the Presence relationship, right-click the contact and click Subscribe. The contact will receive a notification to accept your invitation. Once accepted, the Presence relationship will be re-established.
Creating a Contact Group
ProConnect allows you to create Contact Groups. These might represent groups of users you frequently contact. For example, you could create a group of contacts that represents people in a project team.
To create a Contact Group, follow these steps:
- Select the Add icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Then, select the New Group icon.
- Enter the name of the group.
- Then, select Add to Contacts. The Contact Group will now appear in your Contact List.
To add a contact to a specific Contact Group, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the contact to add, then select Add to Group.
- Choose the name of the group to which to add them. The contact will now be added to the Contact Group.
Note: If you don’t see the contact under the Contract Group, click on the Contract Group to expand it. Individual contacts can be a part of multiple Contact Groups.
Once a Contact Group has been created, you can perform the following functions. To perform these functions, right-click on the Group Header and make your selection. A communication window will open starting the function you select.
- Initiate a Group Chat Session
- Invite the Contact Group to My Room
- Email the Contact Group.
Editing a Contact’s Profile
To edit a contact’s details, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the contact’s name and then, click Edit Profile.
- From here, you can modify the contact’s information, such as his or her display name and personal phone number. Only fields that are not greyed out can be edited.
- Select Save to save your changes or click Cancel to leave the contact’s profile without savings your changes. You will be returned to the profile screen.
Setting a Contact as a Favorite
To set a contact as a favorite, right click on the contact and select Set as Favorite.
To remove a contact, right-click and select Delete Contact. This option removes the chosen contact from your contact list.