What you need to know:
Learn the basics of using your Polycom Trio 8300 phone.
The following topics are listed to help you with common questions related to using your Polycom TRIO 8300 phone.
TRIO Buttons and Hardware
Buttons and Indicators:
- Navigation keys
- Back button
- Home button
- Volume keys
- Mute key
- Call and End button
- To place a call, press the Call button.
- Enter the contact’s extension or 10-digit phone number on the keypad.
- The call with automatically be placed
To place a call via your Contacts or Recent Call list:
- Select Contacts or Recent calls from the Home screen.
- Then choose the desired contact. The call is automatically placed.
You can choose to answer the call in two different ways when you receive an incoming call on Polycom Trio.
- To answer a call, push the Answer softkey.
You can also accept a call by pressing the Call button.
Placing Calls on Hold
- To put an active call on hold, press the Hold softkey. Red flashing lights appear on the device.
- To resume the call, tap on the Resume softkey.
If you have more than one call on hold, select the call you wish to reconnect with and tap the Resume key.
Setting Up Your Default Transfer Type
Transferring a call varies depending on the default transfer type.
You can set your default transfer type to either a Blind or Consultative Transfer.
To do this:
- Press the Home button
- Navigate and select the Settings options
- Select Basic
- Find and press the okay button on Preferences.
- Select Default Transfer Type, and then select the default transfer type you wish to utilize.
Performing a Blind Transfer
A Blind or Unattended transfer takes place when you transfer a call to someone else without announcing the call first. To conduct a blind transfer while your default transfer type is set to blind:
- While on an active call, tap the Transfer softkey. Enter the destination number to transfer the call to. The call is transferred automatically.
Performing a Consulted Transfer
A Consulted or announced transfer is performed when you announce the call to the recipient prior to transferring the call. To conduct a consulted transfer while your default transfer type is set to consult:
- While on an active call, press the Transfer softkey. The caller is automatically placed on hold.
- Then enter the destination number to transfer the call.
- Once the party answers, announce the call. Then tap the Complete Transfer key to complete the transfer.
To initiate do not disturb while in an idle state:
- Press the Do Not Disturb softkey
- The DND icon is shown at the top right of the display.
- To disable do not disturb press the DND softkey. Once done, the icon disappears.
To mute a call while in an idle state:
- Press the Mute key.
- Press the mute key again to unmute the call.
To mute an active call:
- Press the Mute button
- To unmute the call, press Mute again.
Note: If you place a call on mute, other participants will not be able to hear you.
Adjusting the Speaker and Ringer Volume
To change the speaker volume during an active call, tap the volume up or volume down buttons.
To change the ringer volume, when the phone is in the idle state, tap on the volume up or volume down buttons.