What you need to know:
The Business Integrator client integrates your Consolidated ProConnect service with a variety of business applications to provide a more effective and intuitive work environment for your team.
You can use Business Integrator to easily manage key telephony features like do not disturb, call forwarding and mobility settings. This guide will walk you through the steps for getting started, including download, install, login and initial configuration.
Download and Install
To install Business Integrator:
- Go to the following URL: https://proconnect.consolidated.com/downloads_n_links/
- Click the Download link. A file will be downloaded to your computer. Depending on your computer configuration, you may be asked if you want to Save the file.
- Double-click the CRMConnect.exe file and click the Install button.
- Review the End-User License Agreement and click the I Agree button to continue. You must agree to the End-user License Agreement to complete the installation.
- Follow any onscreen instructions then once Business Integrator has finished installing, click the Finish button to close the installer.
When installation completes, the Business Integrator application will automatically start. Business Integrator sits silently in your tray menu, waiting for you to click on it or waiting for calls to be made or received. Business Integrator is designed to be discrete. Always running and providing useful information as you need it, yet at the same time not interfering when the user is working in other applications.
- To open, expand your tray at the bottom of your screen.
- Then, right-click the Business Integrator icon.
Note: In Windows, some tray icons become hidden and must be shown. These settings are stored in the Notification Area Icons part of the Windows Control Panel.
Before you get started using your Business Integrator application, you should configure some of the initial settings, including Telephony and Integration. In the main window, select Configuration.
Telephone Configuration – In this window, you can modify the Server and the Username and Password. This determines which server will be used to authenticate your credentials. To configure, follow these steps:
- Within the Configuration window, select Telephony.
- Then, select the appropriate market where you are located from the dropdown menu for the Method field.
- Enter your ProConnect credentials that you use for the web portal or your applications for the Username and Password fields.
- Then, select Save.
Note: By default, this should be your correct server. If you are unsure what server should be selected here, contact your administrator.
Integration Configuration – Business Integrator works with several applications. For a full list, refer to the CRM Integrations guide. Within the Configuration window, you can set up the Integrations you would like your Business Integrator to communicate with. To configure, follow these steps:
- Under Integrations, select Add New.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select the CRM software integration. Depending on your selection, you will need to enter information based on that platform.
- The Integration Test area allows you to test the settings you have entered by entering a telephone number and seeing if the software can find it. If the number is found, you can click the Show Contact button to make sure that “popping” works.
- Select Save to store any new or edited information.
Once you have successful logged in, you can right click the application to see a snapshot of the most common features of the Business Integrator application. This guide will give you a brief overview of each of the feature functions.
- Phone – Opens a pop-up window that allows the entering of a number to dial or to pick-up via the Click-to-Dial function to your phone.
- Presence – Opens a pop-up window that enables the search and selection of users to monitor their phone presence.
- Call Settings – Allows the configuration of specific features including Call Forwarding Always and Do Not Disturb.
- Address Book – Opens a pop-up window that enables the search and selection of users in your site and your CRM contact directory to get phone details and make a call to.
- Call History – Shows your call history and allows you to quickly redial them.
- Configuration – Enables you to configure more advanced features within your application including settings up new integrations.
- Exit – Use this to unload the software as an active application.
- Quick Dial Box – Type a number here and press Enter to make an immediate phone call.
make a call to.