What you need to know:
This section describes the operations you can perform to make and manage calls.
This section describes the operations you can perform to make and manage calls. Your current calls are displayed in the Call Console with the calls currently involved in a conference displayed in a separate panel called Conference Call.
Placing, Answer and End Calls
- To dial an Ad-hoc number, use the Dialer. Then, enter the phone number and click the Dial button.
- The call will be placed to the specified number and will be displayed in the Calls panel.
- To redial the last number you called, click the Redial button. A list of recently dialed numbers is displayed. Select the number to call and the call will be placed.
- You can also redial recently placed calls by typing a number into the Dialer and a list of recently called numbers will display. Select the number to dial and click the Dial button.
You can use any directory in the Contacts pane to dial a contact, Call History or you can perform a Search to dial a specified contact.
- To dial a contact, In the Contacts pane, expand the directory from which you want to dial a contact. Let’s select the Enterprise/Group Directory.
- Click on the contact you would like to call.
- Then click on any of the options that show – Call, Ext (Extension), MOB (Mobile) or Chat. Your call will be placed to the specified number.
Please note – The buttons that appear under a contact are based on the types of numbers they have saved with their contact. For example, some contacts may not show a MOB button if their mobile number is not stored in their user account.
- To Answer a ringing call using the client click ANS (Answer).
- Please note – You can also answer using the call notification Pop up window by clicking anywhere in the pop up. The data displayed in the pop-up includes the Call Center that the calling party called, the calling parties caller ID information, the number of calls currently in that queue and how long that caller has been in queue.
- To End a Call, simply click the END
Hold and Resume
- To place an active call on hold, from the Call Console, move the mouse over the call to be placed on hold, then click the Hold button.
- To resume a held call, click the Answer Button.
There are a number of ways in which you can transfer a call, including blind transfer, transfer with consultation and transfer to queue.
The blind transfer method is used to transfer a call to another number without providing an introduction to the destination party. Calls may be transferred this way while active, held, or ringing (in) on your phone. In the latter case, the system redirects the call before it is answered.
To blind transfer a call to an ad-hoc number:
- From the Calls console select the call to transfer.
- In the Dialer, enter the destination number and click Transfer. The call is transferred and removed from the Calls
To blind transfer a call to a contact:
- From the Calls console select the call to transfer.
- In the Contacts pane, expand the panel from which you want to select a contact.
- Move the mouse over the destination contact and click Transfer. The call is transferred and removed from the Call Console.
The Transfer with Consultation method is used to transfer a call with an introduction to the destination party. Calls may be transferred this way while active, held, or ringing (in) on your phone. In the latter case, the system redirects the call before it is answered.
To transfer a call with consultation:
- Make a call to the person to which you want to transfer the call and your first call will automatically be placed on hold.
- Wait until the called party accepts your call and speak to the party.
- When ready to transfer, from the Calls console, move your mouse over the active call and click Transfer. The calls are connected and removed from the Calls
Manage Conference Calls
You will use the Conference Panel to manage your conference calls.
You can initiate a multi-party conference call in 1 of 2 ways:
- While on an active call, place a call to another party using either the Dialer panel or dialing from your Contacts.
- Once the 3rd party answers, click the Conference button.
- A conference is then established and can be viewed in the Conference Pane. You can repeat this process to add additional parties to the call.
- To drop a specific party from the conference, select their call from the Conference panel and Click End. To leave the conference but not end the conference for the other parties, click the Leave Conference Button.
You can also initiate a 3-way conference call if you already have 2 calls in progress.
- Select one of the calls in the Call Panel, then move your mouse over the other call you would like to join and click the Conference Button.
- Now all 3 parties are joined in a conference
Escalating Calls to Supervisors
There are two types of escalations – normal escalation and emergency escalation. Both types of escalations enable you to escalate to any available supervisor – or select a specific supervisor to escalate to.
5a. Normal Escalation
In a normal escalation, your active call is put on hold when you escalate the call, and you can then conference the parties together after you talk to your supervisor.
To perform this escalation:
- While on an active call, click the Escalate button in the Supervisor’s panel.
- The system will escalate your call to the first Supervisor on the list with the Idle phone state. Or, select a specific supervisor to escalate to, and click Escalate.
- You will see the call in the Call Console.
- Once you have spoken to the supervisor and want to join the calls into a conference, click the conference button. The call will then appear in the Conference Call Panel.
- To leave the call – but enable the caller and your Supervisor to stay on the line, click Leave. To end the call for all parties, click End.
5b. Emergency Escalation
In an emergency escalation, your active call is not placed on hold, and a supervisor is immediately bridged into the call.
To perform this type of escalation:
- Click the Emergency Escalation Button, or select a supervisor and click Emergency Escalate.
- The call will appear in the Conference Call Panel as soon as the Supervisor answers.
- To leave the call – but enable the caller and your Supervisor to stay on the line, click Leave.
- To end the call for all parties, click End.